Detailed Look –A monster in sheep's clothing
Looking closer, you'll find a laptop with good plastics that resist fingerprints very well. The tapered shape makes it easy to handle and also makes it seem much slimmer than it already is. Ports are evenly distributed between the right and left sides, and the extra DisplayPorts are located on the rear, a good place as a means of simply placing the machine on your desk as the machine for which you run your daily tasks.
Laptops traditionally aren't quite as upgradeable as you'd like. There's only so much that can be changed out. In this case, you're able to upgrade everything except for the motherboard. If, for some reason, you ever felt like putting in a different Skylake processor, and felt brave enough to take apart the large cooling system, then you can.
Need a new GPU to keep up with the times? Just go out, find a new (expensive) MXM board with your favorite next-gen Polaris or Pascal GPU and have at it. Need more storage? There's a lot of room in here for that, and RAM too.
Outputs & Connectivity
They've included a lot of connectivity, certainly enough to sustain any power-user. It's large enough to actually accommodate everything you could ever need, from a bona fide LAN port to enough DisplayPort's to make this your primary go-to machine.
- 1 x eSATA/USB 3.0 combo port
- 2 x Display port 1.2
- 1 x HDMI output port (with HDCP)
- 1 x Headphone jack
- 1 x Microphone jack
- 1 x S/PDIF output jack
- 1 x Line-in jack
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN port
- 1 x DC-in jack
- 6-in-1 Push-Push Card reader
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports (1 x powered USB port, AC/DC)
- 1 x USB 3.1 port
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Specs, Configurations Available, and Warranty & Support]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look, Outputs & Connectivity]
- Page 4 [Display, Keyboard, and Trackpad]
- Page 5 [Speakers and Sound]
- Page 6 [Everyday Use]
- Page 7 [Gaming Use at 1080p]
- Page 8 [Gaming Use - VR]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – CPU & RAM]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Internal Storage & External Storage]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption & Battery Life]
- Page 12 [Thermal & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not, & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media