Detailed Look –A monster in sheep's clothing
Looking closer, you'll find a laptop with good plastics that resist fingerprints very well. The tapered shape makes it easy to handle and also makes it seem much slimmer than it already is. Ports are evenly distributed between the right and left sides, and the extra DisplayPorts are located on the rear, a good place as a means of simply placing the machine on your desk as the machine for which you run your daily tasks.
Laptops traditionally aren't quite as upgradeable as you'd like. There's only so much that can be changed out. In this case, you're able to upgrade everything except for the motherboard. If, for some reason, you ever felt like putting in a different Skylake processor, and felt brave enough to take apart the large cooling system, then you can.
Need a new GPU to keep up with the times? Just go out, find a new (expensive) MXM board with your favorite next-gen Polaris or Pascal GPU and have at it. Need more storage? There's a lot of room in here for that, and RAM too.
Outputs & Connectivity
They've included a lot of connectivity, certainly enough to sustain any power-user. It's large enough to actually accommodate everything you could ever need, from a bona fide LAN port to enough DisplayPort's to make this your primary go-to machine.
- 1 x eSATA/USB 3.0 combo port
- 2 x Display port 1.2
- 1 x HDMI output port (with HDCP)
- 1 x Headphone jack
- 1 x Microphone jack
- 1 x S/PDIF output jack
- 1 x Line-in jack
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN port
- 1 x DC-in jack
- 6-in-1 Push-Push Card reader
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports (1 x powered USB port, AC/DC)
- 1 x USB 3.1 port
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Specs, Configurations Available, and Warranty & Support]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look, Outputs & Connectivity]
- Page 4 [Display, Keyboard, and Trackpad]
- Page 5 [Speakers and Sound]
- Page 6 [Everyday Use]
- Page 7 [Gaming Use at 1080p]
- Page 8 [Gaming Use - VR]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – CPU & RAM]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Internal Storage & External Storage]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption & Battery Life]
- Page 12 [Thermal & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not, & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Telltale Games shuts down, future games likely cancelled
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games