About a month ago I took a look at one of GIGABYTE's main gaming series motherboards, the Z170X-Gaming 7. Today I have their Z170X-Gaming 6 in the test bench, a more affordable and less equipped version of the popular Z170X-Gaming 7.
Looking purely at the spec sheet doesn't reveal why the Z170X-Gaming 6 costs roughly $20-30 less than the Gaming 7. At first glance, the Z170X-Gaming 7 has totally different aesthetics, but underneath the hood, many differences justify the existence of both models instead of just one.
It's no secret that motherboard manufacturers are trying to produce as many models to hit as many price points as possible. Differentiating motherboards is harder than ever with the Intel Z170 chipset since most of the basic features are integrated into the PCH. However, motherboard manufacturers have been improving their custom features to levels not seen before to try and provide features that buyers are willing to pay for. Let's see what the Z170X-Gaming 6 has to offer in the sub-$200 range.
The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 has some high-end features including USB 3.1 (Type-C and Type-A), dual NICs (Intel and Killer), Creative XFI MB3 audio (based on Realtek), dual 32Gb/s M.2 slots, and support for 3-way CrossFireX and 2-way SLI.
The Z170X-Gaming 6 is available from many large retailers such as Amazon for roughly $190.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $190 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Gaming 6 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit