Chad's CPU Cooler Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87 - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: G.Skill F3-2666C11D-8GTXD - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 IceQ - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Patriot Torch 120GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: IN WIN D-Frame - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: SilverStone ST85F-G - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
- Software: RealTemp 3.70, AIDA64 Engineer 5.20.3400 and CPU-z 1.72.1 x64
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for more information.
As one would expect, with the radiator being as large as it is, we fully expected to see low numbers here. Swiftech slides into the number one slot here, if only by half a degree, they do offer the best stock loaded temperatures we have seen.
With the overclock applied, things get interesting. We find that with the pump at 3000 RPM, and the fans powered with 12V, it falls ever so slightly behind the Corsair H110i GTX. More about this later, but we have not one thing to complain about with the showing of 64.75 degrees in our charts.
Noise Level Results
With the fans receiving 7.5V as all the other fans do, we saw 28dB on our meter. At this time, the pump is heard over the fans reading 32dB all the while it runs at full speed. Of course with PWM hub in control of things, both the sound level and the pump will lessen the noise they offer; lower than what we are showing.
To get the thermal results we offered in the overclocked chart, we have the fans powered with 12V, and at this time, we can hear them as they deliver 58dB of noise. Again, this is why the hub is made, and when in control, you never will see this level of noise. However, there is a slight tradeoff using the PWM function as temperatures do slightly increase using it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de