Rounding out 2015, we are surprised with the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum. It's not quite at the level of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm, but it's damn close. If you're rocking a high-end ASUS motherboard, you're going to want to match it with another ROG product – thanks to the color scheme and design choices that ASUS has adopted on its products.
The ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum lets you play any game you want right now, at any resolution, comfortably. We were not constrained by the performance on the card at all, enjoying 100FPS+ in most games at 3440x1440, and 60FPS+ in most at 4K.
To put it plainly: the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum is a kick ass card. But, it makes me think that ZOTAC is going to be the one to watch out for in 2016. If I had not tested out the ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm, I would've had no issues recommending the ASUS card here today.
But, ZOTAC has done so much this year that has just been great – that I have to mention it. What ASUS has with its GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum is something that ASUS ROG fans will 100% love. If you're not a huge ROG fan, then you might want to look at alternatives. It doesn't mean what ASUS has here with the GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum is bad; it just means that there are now many players at the top of the video card food chain.
If you've got an ASUS ROG board, then you're pretty much set when it comes to the GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum. It's a no worries purchase here.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||90%|
|Quality (build, design, cooling)||95%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||95%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||95%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: ASUS does it again with the GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum. A well-rounded video card offering, and the perfect mate for your ASUS ROG motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card retails for $850 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card retails for Â£670 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – 3840x2160 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – 3440x1440 UltraWide]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking, Power Consumption & Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [What's Hot & What's Not]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam