In nearly all of my display reviews, I state that I'm a huge resolution and refresh rate fanatic, and it's true. But since the introduction of UltraWide monitors, I've yearned for one with a high enough refresh rate that I would use it as my daily driver and gaming monitor - instead of needing an UltraWide for work, and high refresh rate monitor for gaming.
Well, Acer is a huge step closer to that with the introduction of the Predator X34. Acer's new Predator X34 is backed by NVIDIA's G-Sync technology, with the display rocking the usual 34-inch curved UltraWide panel with a native resolution of 3440x1440 and 75Hz refresh rate. But, and this is a big but - the Predator X34 can be 'overclocked' to 100Hz. Yes, 100Hz. Add that together with G-Sync, and we have a truly delicious UltraWide gaming monitor on our hands.
It wasn't too long ago that we were looking at the Acer XR341CK, which is nearly the same monitor but with AMD's FreeSync technology and a refresh rate of 75Hz. But the Predator X34 is that step above, and that's what we're here to see - can it top what Acer started with the XR341CK? Yes, yes it can.
The Acer Predator X34 features a curved 34-inch IPS panel with a native resolution of 3440x1440, rocking an aspect ratio of 21:9. Included is NVIDIA's G-Sync technology, which drives the panel at 75Hz, but it can be run at 100Hz in an 'overdrive' mode through 'overclocking' the LCD.
To run 3440x1440 at 100Hz, you're going to need a baller GPU setup - so I'd recommend a GTX 980 Ti or Titan X as a minimum, or GTX 970s in SLI. Of course, you can run less powerful GPUs, but you'll be turning details down in most games at this resolution if you want to maintain 100FPS or so.
Availability & Price
The Acer Predator X34 is $1290 on Amazon right now, but it's sold out. I wonder why. Oh, that's because it kicks ass. Unfortunately at the time of writing it's a bit hard to purchase, but there will be more stock coming very soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam