Super Talent is a company well regarded as a top-notch supplier of quality flash and memory solutions. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Super Talent Technology Corporation designs and manufactures flash based storage solutions for enterprise servers, portable devices, personal computers and consumer electronics.
Super Talent prides themselves on utilizing "industrial grade NAND Flash chips" throughout their SSD product lines. The TeraNova drive we have in the lab today is a perfect example of Super Talent's commitment to utilizing superior flash components. Employing genuine Intel 20nm NAND flash, the TeraNova is an attractive alternative to 16nm flash-based SSD's that are so prevalent in today's value segment.
The "TeraDrive", as Super Talent calls it, is priced at around $25 dollars higher than competing 16nm based value oriented SSD's. In our opinion, that additional $25 is money well spent. This is the first drive we've tested that leverages a Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller and 20nm Intel MLC flash. The TeraNova should outperform others equipped with the same controller and 16nm flash, at least in a heavy-duty workload scenario.
We are eager to see how this controller/flash combination will do with our rigorous testing regimen, so let's get going.
Specifications Super Talent TeraNova 480GB SATA III SSD
Super Talent's TeraNova SATA III 2.5" FF SSD is available in four capacities: 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. Sequential read performance for the TeraNova is listed as over 500MB/s. Sequential write performance is listed at over 410MB/s.
Random performance is not specified. Super Talent backs the TeraNova with an industry standard three-year warranty. No TBW is given.
PRICING: You can find the Super Talent TeraNova 2.5-Inch 480GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Disk FTM48N325H for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Super Talent TeraNova 480GB retails for $186 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit