Installation and Finished Product
With white washers on the other side to keep the metal from touching the back of the motherboard, make sure the socket screws are lined up with the holes in the backplate, and drop it through the holes in the motherboard.
Flip the board over, and set it on the table. Since the studs stick up and the plate keeps them from spinning, you set the spacers on, then the brackets, and tighten it all down with the knurled nuts at each corner.
With the NH-D15S now on the motherboard, all we see behind the memory is a large wall of aluminum fins. You do have the option to use a fan here like the D15 offered, but the single fan in the middle has plenty of power to draw through the front tower as well.
Without a large fan on the front of the fins, there is no conflict with a fan and the top of the memory. Also, keeping the same seven fin cutout the D15 had, the NH-D15S also offers plenty of clearance for all four slots, on both sides of the socket too for LGA2011 users.
Seeing so many compact cooler designs as of late, it makes this NH-D15S seem huge, but then memory kicks in and we remember back to when we had the D15 and what room it took with three fans on it. In all honestly, this is all you really need when it comes to a dual tower cooler, not some monstrosity.
While our fan is shifted a bit lower than it should be, we see that the fin stacks of the cooler are completely clear of the first PCI-e slot. Access to memory is doable, but we did find that getting the top center motherboard screw in was tricky, but doable as well.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-D15S for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for £83 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada