EVGA is a company that hasn't come across our power supply test bench before, but they are certainly well known. Their video cards are some of the fastest around as they offer units that are overclocked beyond that of reference units. Their motherboards are sought out by enthusiasts for their extra features that allow for higher overclocking and performance. The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply that we have on our bench today is meant to provide the power for these demanding products, which means it must also perform at the same levels in order to keep up with the rest of the system.
The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W power supply is a monster of a unit that should be able to power just about whatever you can throw at it. It is a single rail 1600W unit rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. The SuperNOVA G2 1600W is fully modular and has more cables and connectors than anyone in their right mind should ever be able to utilize in a single system. All this doesn't do any good if the unit can't perform, so let's start digging into this thing and get to the testing.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W features one heck of a single 12V rail. It is rated for 133.3A or essentially 1600W of power. Both the 3.3V and 5V minor rails are rated for 24A each with a combined maximum output of 120W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 is 1600W.
When you're building a power supply that is meant to fuel some of the most ridiculous rigs on the planet, you can't skimp on features. EVGA doesn't miss a beat when it comes to these features and makes sure everything is covered. The unit features SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and OTP. All of the cables are fully modular and are fully sleeved in black mesh. The unit is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficient. Finally, the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
This much power comes with a price and the SuperNOVA G2 1600W is no exception. This one will set you back $349.99 at MSRP. Doing some shopping will save you a bit and you might even be able to get it under the $300 mark. EVGA backs the unit with an unbeatable ten-year warranty. If that isn't putting their money where their mouth is, I don't know what else to say.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply retails for $274.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- Paltrox Rxuse this complement. However, this consists of severa
- How To use Cerisea Medica Pain Relief ?
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019