Within the last year, we have seen many wireless router solution come through the lab. We have seen everything from the mainstream RTA15 from Amped to the next generation Wave 2 solutions from ASUS, Linksys and Netgear. As the market stands right now, nearly every vendor has an AC3200 solution on the market. In past reviews, such as the Nighthawk X6 and the Linksys EA9200, we had a chance to put these monsters of wireless technology through their paces. Adding to our charts today, we have the latest solution from TRENDnet in the lab, the TEW-828DRU.
As far as wireless routers are concerned, AC3200 solutions allow the best mix of old and new technologies to coexist on the same network. As many of you know, when connecting legacy devices to a modern network, those devices can often bring the entire network to a halt. With AC3200 solutions bringing three band Wi-Fi to the table, users can safely connect older devices to the legacy 2.4GHz 802.11n network, along with having a second option on the 5GHz band. This leaves an entire band for modern 802.11ac solutions, and as a bonus, many solutions like the TRENDnet in the lab today, often have some sort of "Smart" option for combining the two 5GHz bands and allowing the router to choose what network your devices are dispersed on by signal strength and performance.
The TRENDnet TEW-828DRU shares the same platform characteristics found in both the Linksys and Netgear solutions. This means we have a dual-core 1GHz processor covering six 802.11ac streams and three 802.11n streams, no mention is made about the amount of RAM or flash included on this model, but as the previous two tested platforms have confirmed, we should have 256MB of memory and 128MB of flash.
Looking over the specifications, we find the TEW-828DRU housing four gigabit LAN ports next to a single gigabit WAN. A single USB 3.0 along with a USB 2.0 port allow FTP, Samba and printer access over the network. The wireless bands are split into a single 2.4GHz 802.11n network capable of 600Mbps via TurboQAM, while both of the 5GHz bands are capable of 1300Mbps.
The TRENDnet TEW-828DRU carries a MSRP of $309.99 with a market leading three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router (TEW-828DRU) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25