GIGABYTE basically has three operating modes for the UEFI, which are sort of like the easy and advanced modes in other UEFIs. You really just want to use the gray and black themed one known as the classic shell. When you first boot, you will see an orange and black themed BIOS menu with large boxes; this is for novice users to handle I/O configuration. If you press F2 you will get to the classic shell where things work much better. Overall, the classic shell works well and doesn't have many bugs or issues.
If you switch the socket selector from LGA2011 to LGA2083, extra voltages will appear under the voltage menu. VL4, VL5, and VL6 will control the other VLs, so you only really need to set those. Increasing their values to 1.4-1.5v each will help increase uncore overclocking and decrease the amount of needed VCCSA for higher memory clocks. It depends on the CPU, but VL6 is pretty important.
Try setting it to 1.4v, and then increasing it slowly towards 1.45v. You might be able to boot at 1.45v, but not at 1.47v. However, in Windows (with the latest GTL) you should be able to get a few extra millivolts into VL6 after booting. VCCSA of around +0.5v is usually required for 32x memory divider to work.
Many boards increase this on auto without your knowledge, but when VLs are increased, you will only need about +0.2-+0.3v to attain the same levels of memory overclocking. Uncore is the biggest gain from the socket. Make sure to also set the normal ring voltage as well since it is separate from the VLs.
GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher is possibly the most important software for the X99-SOC Champion; it lets you change things on-the-fly. GIGABYTE's @BIOS is also present, and it lets you flash the BIOS in Windows.
EasyTune will help the novice with preset overclock profiles, and system information viewer allows you to see all the motherboard statistics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-SOC Champion]
- Page 3 [X99-SOC Force Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series