Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
This was the part of the review I was looking forward to most, seeing just how far we could push the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition video card. With a stock GPU clock of 1216MHz, Boost clock of 1279MHz and Memory clock of 1753MHz, we had some good results on the MSI card.
We were able to drive up the GPU clock to 1340MHz, a respectable 124MHz increase. The Boost moved from 1279MHz to 1403MHz. No change to the power settings were applied, or the fan speeds. The card remained completely silent, which doesn't surprise us. Now, onto the overclocked performance in some of our benchmarks.
Testing Battlefield 4 out once again at 1440p on the Medium preset, we see an increase from 80FPS average to 103FPS. This allows the card to compete much better against the EVGA GTX 960, getting close to its 105FPS average. The minimum FPS also increases dramatically, from 58FPS to 84FPS.
Battlefield 4 with its Ultra preset (AA disabled) sees a nice improvement from the overclock on the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition. We scale from 58FPS average, to 65FPS average.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light also sees a nice bump, jumping up from 32FPS to 34FPS with our overclock.
Heaven - 1440p
The overclock on our MSI card also provides Heaven with nearly 10% more performance, with 28FPS average versus 26FPS at stock speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit