Installation and Finished Product
The back plate is drilled the same way on both ends, so the orientation for Intel mounting matters very little. Once the plate is aligned, simply slide the longer screws in with the smaller white set of spacers on them.
To get this far, we already locked the spacers down with the screws through the backplate. After doing that, you can set the top bracket into place, and lock it down with four of the shorter screws.
After applying thermal paste, we set the Macho Rev.B into place, and with easy access to the front side of the cross bar seen near the bottom, we have the provided screwdriver sitting in the rear screw. The screwdriver is tall enough to easily reach the screws, and since it is magnetic, it allows you to easily hang the screw from the driver, and guide it through the cooler.
Even with such a large cooler in play with our motherboard and memory, we can see two heat spreaders showing in front of the 140mm fan. If you do plan to run the fan as specified, keep in mind that the fan will encroach upon the first PCI-e slot, but since we have an open air chassis, the height of the cooler is of no concern,
Not only were we able to keep the spreaders on both of our sticks, but this image plainly shows that all four DIMM slots can be easily accessed, even with the fan still in place.
Looking at the Macho Rev.B from the top of the motherboard, we see that the majority of the cooler is over the CPU and behind it, and while there is the potential for a fan to go on the back of this cooler, with a chassis fan in play, it really may not be needed.
There is no easy way to say this, but we find the Macho Rev.B to be huge for a single tower design. Even as large as it is, we were still able to mount the cooler before the motherboard, and had access to all of the screws.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright Macho Rev.B CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card