Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
We expected good things with the stock level of power being delivered to the Kraken X61, and we are a bit surprised with the results. Overtaking all other dual radiator AIO designs, and even passing up a few custom loops with the 47.75 degree result, the Kraken X61 manages to reach third place overall.
Slipping ever so slightly to fourth overall when the overclock is applied is still great for an AIO. Only the 360mm Thermaltake solution beats it in AIOs, and the Phobya and EK kits are only slightly better.
Noise Level Results
Starting things off with our low-end of testing, the 29 dB we heard at this point is very tolerable, and in most chassis environments, it is likely that the Kraken will be very tough to hear while under normal usage.
Seeing specifications like more than 100 CFM, and almost 2mmH2O of pressure from these 140mm fans, we had a suspicion that things may in fact get loud when let lose at their maximum levels. The 59 dB rating here proves our suspicion, but keep in mind: we forced this result as a worst case scenario. With software control, it is likely you will never get to this level of noise unless you are going all out and need that extra power for benching.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [NZXT CAM Software Tutorial]
- Page 7 [NZXT CAM Software Usability]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst: Cyberpunk 2077 out in Q4 2019, will sell 19m copies
- HBM standard updated: 24GB per stack, 96GB HBM2 per card
- PUBG mobile: 200m downloads, 30m daily active users
- Of course Anthem is more rewarding with friends
- Switch is fastest selling current-gen console in U.S.
- MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z390 Taichi Ultimate stuck on Error Code 55
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- QSAN XN8008T NAS Review
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Stylish Brawler Bladed Fury Launches Today ï»¿on Steam
- Wamill releases ICO update for Blockchain Tycoon
- Digital Extremes Brings The Big Guns To Warframe With Fortuna: The Profit-Taker For Steam PC Today
- PUBG Mobile Dominates Google Play Awards, Surpasses 200 Million Downloads Worldwide
- GROOVE X Introduce a New Companion Robot, 'LOVOT'