The Bottom Line
Silicon Power is one brand we haven't heard or seen to many products from over the years, but as of late has emerged with many new products.
The latest from Silicon Power is the Marvel M70, a USB 3.0 flash drive featuring a durable metal exterior and sliding design with marketing performance upwards of 240 MB/s read and 80 MB/s write.
Capacities range from 32GB and 64GB units to the 128GB model we have in house, while compatibility extends to the latest Windows operating systems, along with OS X 10.4+ and Linux Kernel 2.6+.
MSRP of the 128GB Silicon Power M70 is set at $79.99 with a lifetime warranty.
Packaging for the M70 carries marketing information along the bottom.
The Silicon Power M70 utilizes a metal alloy design along, the left side houses their logo and capacity.
In addition to the metal design, Silicon Power has deployed this solution as a sliding design.
The Silicon Power M70 is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system. Useable capacity after formatting sits at 117GB.
Sequential read and write landed at 224 MB/s and 78 MB/s respectively, while 512K touched 174 MB/s read and 1.6 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the Marvel M70 came in at 65% between the Patriot Magnum and Corsair Voyager Slider.
The Silicon Power Marvel M70 is a good solution for those wanting a high capacity flash drive. The metal alloy exterior adds a bit of aesthetic appeal and at the same time durability to the overall drive package.
Performance was quite good, and while I wasn't able to hit marketing numbers, we did come quite close. Our Price/Performance chart landed the Marvel M70 towards the top at 65%, due to its rather good pricing at 62 cents per GB.
PRICING: You can find the Silicon Power 128GB Marvel M70 High Speed USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Silver (SP128GBUF3M70V1S) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||90%|
The Bottom Line: Silicon Power's Marvel M70 is a high capacity USB pen drive solution for those needing the extra bit for storing large amounts of data, and additionally, the metal alloy design adds a bit of durability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Nintendo Switch takes third place for best-selling console of all time
- Rockstar to end lawsuit with fans that reverse-engineered Grand Theft Auto
- Former Coinbase official pleads guilty to making millions from insider trading
- Microsoft swipes at Google's crown with new ChatGPT-powered search engine
- NASA's Mars rover photographs metallic object that collided with the surface
- MSI Titan GT77 HX 13VI (2023) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASRock Industrial NUCS BOX-1360P/D4 SFF PC Review
- Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-6000 32GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Fractal Design North Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Synology DS923+ SMB NAS Review
- Phison E26 B58R 1,600MT 2TB SSD Preview - PCIe Gen5 storage is here
- Silicon Motion SM2267XT DRAMless Laptop SSD Preview - Speed and Efficiency
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Unboxed: FE, ASUS, MSI and ZOTAC
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 OC Shootout: ASUS, COLORFUL, FE, MSI, GAINWARD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Unboxed: FE, ASUS ROG Strix, MSI SUPRIM LIQUID