ICY DOCK is known for its solid portfolio of storage solutions. Solutions including adapters from 2.5" to 3.5", along with bay solutions allowing you to mount four 3.5" drive in three 5.25" bays, and even storage enclosures to fit whatever your need may be.
In the lab today, we take a look at the latest EZConvert solution from ICYDOCK, the Air. The EZConvert Air is a 2.5" SATA to 3.5" solution featuring support for drives in the 7 to 15mm z-height size range. The Air features a largely open-air design with a stainless drive tray, allowing maximum airflow to keep your drives cool. Compatibility of the EZConvert Air extends to and 3.5" bay with a SATA connection.
MSRP of the ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is listed at $24.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the EZConvert Air includes the drive adapter, screws, and reading materials.
Looking at the EZConvert Air, we first noticed the plastic hold down that is spring loaded to keep your drive immobile.
Above, you can see the SATA connections for data and power are placed correctly for wide compatibility.
In the previous image, we installed a SanDisk Optimus SAS SSD as the connection inside the tray carries SAS support. However, the EZConvert does not support SAS for data, so we had to switch over to a SanDisk Extreme II for testing.
As the EZConvert is a straight pass-through device with a SATA bridge, we were able to achieve top performance with the solution as seen above. In our testing, we reached 542 MB/s read and 499 MB/s write.
The ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is a great solution for those wanting to utilize their 2.5" SSD or HDD solutions in a standard 3.5" device. Build quality is quite superb, as the drive tray is stainless steel, with a chrome plating for aesthetics.
Performance was great as well, with the device being a pass-through, we found no loss in performance while utilizing the EZConvert. In testing, we touched 540 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, the same performance we found having our SanDisk Extreme II connected directly to our SATA 6Gbps ports.
PRICING: You can find the ICY DOCK EZConvert Air for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ICY DOCK EZConvert Air retails for $23.65 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases discrete GPU prototype, powered by Raja Koduri
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit