ICY DOCK is known for its solid portfolio of storage solutions. Solutions including adapters from 2.5" to 3.5", along with bay solutions allowing you to mount four 3.5" drive in three 5.25" bays, and even storage enclosures to fit whatever your need may be.
In the lab today, we take a look at the latest EZConvert solution from ICYDOCK, the Air. The EZConvert Air is a 2.5" SATA to 3.5" solution featuring support for drives in the 7 to 15mm z-height size range. The Air features a largely open-air design with a stainless drive tray, allowing maximum airflow to keep your drives cool. Compatibility of the EZConvert Air extends to and 3.5" bay with a SATA connection.
MSRP of the ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is listed at $24.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the EZConvert Air includes the drive adapter, screws, and reading materials.
Looking at the EZConvert Air, we first noticed the plastic hold down that is spring loaded to keep your drive immobile.
Above, you can see the SATA connections for data and power are placed correctly for wide compatibility.
In the previous image, we installed a SanDisk Optimus SAS SSD as the connection inside the tray carries SAS support. However, the EZConvert does not support SAS for data, so we had to switch over to a SanDisk Extreme II for testing.
As the EZConvert is a straight pass-through device with a SATA bridge, we were able to achieve top performance with the solution as seen above. In our testing, we reached 542 MB/s read and 499 MB/s write.
The ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is a great solution for those wanting to utilize their 2.5" SSD or HDD solutions in a standard 3.5" device. Build quality is quite superb, as the drive tray is stainless steel, with a chrome plating for aesthetics.
Performance was great as well, with the device being a pass-through, we found no loss in performance while utilizing the EZConvert. In testing, we touched 540 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, the same performance we found having our SanDisk Extreme II connected directly to our SATA 6Gbps ports.
PRICING: You can find the ICY DOCK EZConvert Air for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ICY DOCK EZConvert Air retails for $23.65 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil: real custom Vega
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ