Test System Setup and Overclocking
For the last few weeks we've been testing our latest Z97 motherboards with our new i7 4790K processor. As we're testing more and more motherboards with it, we've been replacing the boards that used our older i7 4770K. In our lineup of motherboards today, we've got the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5, and it will be running at stock speeds, along with maximum overclocked speeds, which we will discuss in just a moment.
Along with this, we've got the ASRock Z97X Killer, GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition, and ASUS Z97-A; all of which are using our newer i7 4790K. Along with these, we have the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H, and the older ASRock Z87 Killer; both use our older i7 4770K.
Before we get into the testing, we've got to find out what's going on with the overclocking. Heading into the BIOS, and straight into the overclocking section, we see just how far we can push our CPU multiplier up. After a bit of time messing around with the multiplier, BCLK, and voltages, you can see our maximum overclock below.
With our multiplier at 46x, and our BCLK slightly raised to 100.51, you can see our final overclock comes in at 4623MHz, or 4.62GHz as it's shown in our graphs here today. This overclock isn't too bad. We've seen some boards offer around 4.7GHz, while others come in at around 4.6GHz. Overall, this is pretty standard for our particular CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender