Test System Setup and Overclocking
For the last few weeks we've been testing our latest Z97 motherboards with our new i7 4790K processor. As we're testing more and more motherboards with it, we've been replacing the boards that used our older i7 4770K. In our lineup of motherboards today, we've got the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5, and it will be running at stock speeds, along with maximum overclocked speeds, which we will discuss in just a moment.
Along with this, we've got the ASRock Z97X Killer, GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition, and ASUS Z97-A; all of which are using our newer i7 4790K. Along with these, we have the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H, and the older ASRock Z87 Killer; both use our older i7 4770K.
Before we get into the testing, we've got to find out what's going on with the overclocking. Heading into the BIOS, and straight into the overclocking section, we see just how far we can push our CPU multiplier up. After a bit of time messing around with the multiplier, BCLK, and voltages, you can see our maximum overclock below.
With our multiplier at 46x, and our BCLK slightly raised to 100.51, you can see our final overclock comes in at 4623MHz, or 4.62GHz as it's shown in our graphs here today. This overclock isn't too bad. We've seen some boards offer around 4.7GHz, while others come in at around 4.6GHz. Overall, this is pretty standard for our particular CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution