Along with the increase in capacity on the ES flash drive, Mach Xtreme Technology has also increased the capacity of the LX series. In this article we will be looking over the 256GB model.
The LX series is a value-based series in the Mach Xtreme Technology portfolio. These drives offer tremendous storage capacity of up to 256GB using MLC NAND. Marketing specifications for this drive offer 220 MB/s read, and 140 MB/s write. Compatibility of the MX LX extends to modern Windows operating systems, along with OS X, and Linux.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB flavor is listed at $169.99, with a two-year warranty.
Packaging for the MX LX has the flash drive in bubble type packaging with marketing information surrounding it.
Like other flash drives from Mach Xtreme Technology, the LX also carries an aluminium design.
Above, we find the USB 3.0 port is colored blue.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, insuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 238GB.
Here we have the results from CDM. As you can see, the LX came in at 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the LX once again refreshes Mach Xtreme Technology's reign at the top of our charts. The 256GB LX takes the top spot while the 64GB model moves down to second.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is the top tier solution for those wanting the best Price/Performance solution. While the entry price for the drive is slightly steep, it is certainly one you will get many years of use out of. Build quality of the drive is top notch, with the aluminium enclosure, and use of acrylic plastics.
Performance of the LX was quite ample. Here we reached 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write, and over on Price/Performance we found the LX to take the top spot from its lower capacity counterpart.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB capacity is set at $169.99, with a two-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB retails for $169.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower