Introduction, Specifications and Pricing
If you are one that enjoys the challenge or wants something built more to your own specifications, then the ability to build your own NAS is a great choice. With today's technology, options to do so have never been so prevalent. With Mini-ITX, you can actually do a very powerful build with all the bells and whistles if you so choose.
Apart from the real hardware of your NAS build, you will also have to choose a chassis that fits your needs, and depending on the size of your chassis, you may need an SFX power supply as well.
Today, we have the fortunate opportunity to take a look at one of the latest SFF NAS chassis from SilverStone, the DS380. This chassis features SECC steel construction with a lockable front door made from aluminum. Behind the door, you will reveal eight drive bays capable of holding 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch drives in addition to the internal capability to mount four 2.5-inch drives. Furthermore, the eight hot swappable trays located on the front of the unit have the ability to utilize SATA or SAS drives due to the custom backplane, allowing for more flexibility in your NAS build.
MSRP of the SilverStone DS380 is set at $149.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the SilverStone DS380 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The SilverStone DS380 retails for $149.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the DS380]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the DS380 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard