While the Double Dissipation cards aren't new to us, you can see the overall design of the XFX R9 280X Double D Black Edition OC here is a little different than we've seen before. Looking above, you can see we've got two nice 90mm fans on the card surrounded by a great looking shroud with just a simple XFX logo seen on the far right.
Looking behind the fans, you can see the massive heat sink setup that is going on that covers the entire card. Looking a little more carefully, you can also see the copper pipes that are helping draw the heat away from the R9 280X core.
Moving around the card, you can see a very standard setup going on. Power comes in the form of two connectors: one is a 6-Pin PCIe Power Connector and the other is an 8-Pin one. Staying across the top of the card, you can see moving closer to the front we've got two CrossFire connectors here in the event that you want to throw more than one card into the mix here.
The I/O side of things sees two DVI connectors; one is a Dual-Link DVI-I connector while the other is a Single-Link DVI-D connector. Along with that, you can see we've got a full size HDMI 1.4a port and two Mini DP connectors to round things off. You can see we've also got the XFX logo cut out in the back plate, and it looks very cool.
Out of the box, a reference R9 280X 3GB will bring with it a 1,000MHz core. As for the 3GB of GDDR5, that will see a reference clock speed of 6,000MHz QDR. With the XFX R9 280X Double D Black Edition OC being a Black Edition card, that means that the card will carry with it an out-of-the-box overclock.
Looking above, you can see that XFX has pushed the core up to a solid 1,080MHz. As for the 3GB of GDDR5--most companies tend to leave that alone--you can see that XFX has also slightly bumped that up to 6,200MHz QDR. Overall, this is a nice overclock and should bring with it some strong performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit