Small form factor storage solutions come in handy for those that want to backup multiple computers or, in modern times, mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Additionally, these devices allow you to take your files with you no matter where your travels may take you.
The Seagate Backup Plus Slim is one such solution coming in 500GB to 2TB capacities featuring USB 3.0 connectivity. In addition to this, we have Seagate's Dashboard software that allows you to configure and schedule backups of your PCs and mobile devices. Compatibility of the Backup Plus Slim extends to Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 along with OS X 10.6+. MSRP for the 2TB version in-house today is set at $149.99 with a two year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the Backup Plus Slim includes the USB 3.0 cable and reading materials.
Our sample of the Backup Plus Slim was delivered in the blue color scheme. There are additional colors available, including black, red, and silver.
On the edge of the enclosure, you will find the USB 3.0 connection.
Like the Backup Plus Fast, this solution also uses the Samsung M9T 2TB hard drive.
Above, we find ourselves on the landing menu with a full array of options available.
Next we have the option to setup a backup plan for the drive.
There is the additional option of setting up mobile backup via logging into a Seagate Account and using the mobile app.
Here we have the settings menu that allows you to keep the Dashboard software up to date.
Above, we have our first set of results from sequential testing. Here we have the Backup Plus Slim reaching 127 MB/s read.
Write speeds for the Backup Plus Slim come in at 125 MB/s.
Price/Performance has the Backup Plus Slim as more value for your money over the larger capacity Backup Plus Fast by just 7 percent.
The Seagate Backup Plus Slim with its array of color options and use of aluminum strikes me as a well-built drive. I would say, though, that the aluminum top plate does offer less protection for your drive if you were to drop it than would the Backup Plus Fast and its hard plastic shell.
Performance of the unit was inline with expectations, coming right inline with previously tested drives. However, the capacity of this unit should set itself apart in today's market. In our testing, we were able to touch 125 MB/s read and write, which puts this in the top two on our charts, right next to its big brother, the Backup Plus Fast.
MSRP of the 2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim is set at $149.99 with a two-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) retails for $104.09 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit