The other day, we got the chance to have a look at an R9 290X 4GB from MSI and found ourselves quite impressed with the Twin Frozr Gaming OC variant of the model. Today, we've got another R9 290X 4GB on our hands. This time it's from Sapphire. The particular version of the R9 290X 4GB we're looking at today comes in under the TRI-X name, which is one we've seen in the past.
The TRI-X and Dual-X series are two of the more recent additions to the Sapphire line up, and they've both done a great job of impressing us. The latter series is reserved for more mid-range models. There isn't a whole lot for us to say about the R9 290X 4GB or just the R series in general. Since the launch of the series last year, we've found ourselves extremely impressed with what AMD has been offering us.
The company has been able to offer not only cards with excellent performance and a fantastic set of features, but they've also managed to do this at an excellent price point. Today, we'll be finding out if Sapphire is able to keep that trend going with the TRI-X version of the card.
While normally we'd move from here to a look at the box, today we don't have the cover for the outside of the box. Saying that, though, we do have the full bundle. So while we won't be looking at what the exterior of the package offers us, we will be able to dive into the bundle to see just what Sapphire is offering. So with that all said and done, let's see just what's going on with the Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X 4GB OC bundle.
Checking out the bundle, you can see all the standard inclusions that you'd expect to get. We've got our Sapphire registration card along with a Quick Install Guide and Driver CD to round off the normal paperwork.
From a cable perspective, you can see we've got a Dual-Molex to 8-Pin PCIe power connector along with a Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power connector. Along with that, you can also see the standard HDMI cable that Sapphire includes on a lot of their mid-range and up models.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit