What we have seen over the years from Cooler Master, is a company that went from pushing a lot of the same products in as many variations as they could possibly make to a company that is now thinking outside the box and relying much less on previous ideas to carry them along. Don't get me completely wrong here, we did just look at the Cosmos SE, but while using the naming, even here they made a whole new design on the inside, updating it with all the latest and greatest features. When compared to the original design, the newer version plain blows it out of the water.
What brings us together today is that same basic strategy to improve on designs already in the wild, just that this time, we are dealing with CPU cooling. Everyone knows the basic idea of what the various All-In-One liquid coolers are all about, and what every company is currently offering. While Cooler Master did start with the Seidon series of coolers that fit this standard mold to the letter, they are now branching out with the design to offer customers more than what the standard AIO can bring to the table. There are also the Eisburg series of coolers that sort of prove my point. This is where Cooler Master took the basic AIO and added a new head unit to allow for a bigger pump as well as a bit more coolant to be added to the loop. In every series, it is easy to see that Cooler Master was not happy with the OEM AIO designs, and knew they could do better.
This is where the Nepton series of AIO coolers steps in. Here, Cooler Master is offering 140mm and 280mm versions of radiators, but even here they snuck in a little surprise. While these kits are shipped with 140mm fans in both the 280mm and the 140mm version, these radiators will also take on 120mm fans. Between the radiator and the pump, the super small diameter tubing is gone and replaced with larger diameter tubing, and the head unit is also an entirely new design. Even at first glance, it is easy to tell that this isn't the standard AIO solution, and that you be getting much better efficiency with this design: it is just that obvious.
Stick with us as we put the new Nepton 280L from Cooler Master through the same paces as every other cooler to hit the labs. With all the new components, increased diameter tubing, and a larger radiator we expect good things from this liquid CPU cooler. By the time we are done here today, I think, strike that -I know, that the Nepton 280L will be on your must-have list once you absorb the results this product delivers in our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Nepton 280L Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit