Packaging and the Drobo 5D
The Drobo 5D comes in a rather attractive package, but at the same time it's simple and sleek. The front of the box shows the Drobo itself with logos adorning the exterior.
The backside of the box highlights many of the features of the Drobo.
Upon opening the packaging, we were greeted by the accessories box.
The Drobo 5D comes with a full host of accessories, some of the included good are the Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables, the power brick and reading materials.
The power supply is made by FSP with an output of 12v @ 12.5 amps.
Pulling the Drobo out of the box, the experience and excitement grew seeing the 5D packaged further into a nice carrying bag.
The front of the Drobo stealth's the drive bays behind, along the bottom you will find a series of LEDs.
The backside of the Drobo 5D houses a massive 120mm cooling fan, below this we find the dual Thunderbolt ports, USB 3.0 port and power and switch.
On the backside of the front bay door, the fine folks over at Drobo have included a layout or legend in regards to the drive bay LEDs.
Internally, the Drobo houses a custom motherboard. In the center of all of this is the CPU Marvell Armada that operates at 1.6GHz. Towards the top is the DOM that houses OS firmware and to the bottom the Thunderbolt PCB is on a daughterboard. Having the Thunderbolt I/O on a separate daughterboard should allow Drobo to upgrade to and release a Thunderbolt 2 spec sooner.
The Drobo 5D supports a single mSATA SSD on the bottom of the PCB. This is also accessible from the bottom of the enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit