At the launch of any new chipset, we see Intel launch with it a number under that label. For example the "8" series chipset saw the Z87, H87 and Q87, along with the B85 and H81. Like any chipset launch, though, we tend to only focus on the most popular ones. First of all because that's what our readers want to see and secondly it's of course what most companies are promoting.
If any company was going to send us a motherboard based on one of the other chipsets, though, it was going to be ASRock and today we're checking out a motherboard from them based on the H87. As the title suggests, this particular board falls under the Fatal1ty series.
The H87 is a chipset aimed for people who don't quite need all the features that are brought to the table via the Z87 chipset. There's not a huge amount of differences between the two chipset, but we'll take a closer look at just what exactly they are in a few moments.
Before we take a closer look at the differences, though, we need to see the package. So, without any delay, let's see just what ASRock is bringing to the table with the Fatal1ty H87 Performance.
Checking out the box, we can see the front gives us some of the basic information including the model name and a bunch of logos that are part of the board. Turning over, you can see we get into a bit more detail on everything that's offered.
Being a Fatal1ty board, you can see the Gaming Armor and A Style Audio. Gaming Armor brings with it Hi-Density Power Connector, 15u Gold Dingers for our VGA PCIe slots, Intel LAN and Purity Sound. You can also see that XSplit is included in the bundle, which is software that allows you to broadcast what's going on with your computer via online streaming services.
Diving in the bundle you can see we've got the standard line up of paperwork and driver CD. You can also see a pair of SATA cables and standard rear I/O panel, below an ASRock case sticker to round the bundle off here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM