Fractal Design does a decent job of providing the cables necessary to ensure that you can fully utilize the full 1000W. Aside from the obligatory 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connector, there are three PCI-E cables with two connectors each making it possible to power up to three high-end video cards. There are also nine SATA, two Molex, and a single FDD connector to make sure that all of your peripheral devices are powered.
The only issue that I see here is the lack of an EPS12V cable. Many who utilize 1000W units need the secondary cable for their motherboard and it just isn't present. Make sure to keep that in mind when thinking about this unit.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
The Tesla R2 1000W unit is designed to allow plenty of fresh air to circulate within the unit, while also having plenty of passive cooling to help keep the need for high fan speed to a minimum.
A pair of Taiwanese Teapo capacitors sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch more Teapo caps.
Active cooling for the Tesla R2 1000W uses Fractal Design's own 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard