This is the main window of the Theron Infrared software. You see five profile options across the top where each can be set individually. Over the image of the mouse you can see two modes, and on the right side of the window is where you gain access to the controls.
The light options tab is a bit misleading. In reality you can only turn the full light on and off with this mouse. Tt eSPORTS do offer the section light option, but no matter what profile or variation I tried, it is always on and cannot be changed.
The performance tab allows you to set the four levels of the DPI settings for each profile. You can also adjust the double click speed, cursor speed and the lines skipped with the scroll wheel. The bottom allows you the ability to change the polling rate up to 1000Hz as well.
The Macro tab will allow you to program whatever you want. Since there is a default Macro key, you could open something and use it for your favorite game commands, whatever you can think of can be created in this system.
This is the screen that pops up when you click on the battle mode button. I find the information provided is pretty self-explanatory as to why someone would want to use this mode versus the standard lighting.
Once you pick a button on the left of the main menu, you are then given the option to use the default command, to assign them. In the T Key mode you are give the way to install a Macro to whatever button you are working with. It also allows you settings for its rate of use.
The S Key section allows you to reconfigure the mouse with just the default offerings. So, in essence, you can reverse the mouse or swap the DPI and side buttons.
The L Key section when pressed will pop open the Program Files (x86) folder so that you can find the exe and point the software to it. As you can see in my example, I set the right click to start Pandora.
There is also a Lift Off Distance tool that you can download. I found the default LOD was set very high for my mouse pad, the Ladon, but as I used other pads, I needed to raise it again to make the mouse function the same on the various surfaces. This is a handy tool to have if you need to lift the Theron IR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM