Hopefully by now, our readers are becoming somewhat familiar with the LEPA name. For those who haven't heard of them yet, LEPA is a sister company of Enermax. It should come as no surprise that all of the units that we have reviewed up till this point have simply been Enermax rebrands. What better way to make a name for yourself right out of the gate than to take some of the best units on the market, change the label to your own, and offer it at a lower price? It has worked well so far, but what we have in store for today is a deviation from that strategy.
Today we are reviewing the new LEPA G850-MAS. It is a single 12V rail Gold rated power supply with both native and modular connectors. What is really interesting is that LEPA has turned to CWT to manufacturer the G850-MAS for them instead of Enermax.
I haven't heard back from LEPA on this yet, but I can only assume that Enermax will more than likely focus on higher-end units, while LEPA will handle the mid to lower-end units. That is only speculation at this point, but one should most certainly be able to see the similarities between these two companies compared to what goes on with OCZ and PC Power & Cooling.
I'll dig deeper into that situation at a later date and see what I can find out, but for now, let's just focus on the G850-MAS and see what it is made of.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Outputs for the LEPA G850-MAS are quite typical for that of an 850W unit. It features a single 12V rail rated for 70A or 840W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 20A each with a combined maximum output of 100W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the LEPA G850-MAS is 850W.
The LEPA G850-MAS does a good job of populating our feature summary, but doesn't quite get it all the way full. It features SCP, OVP, OPP and OTP. While it doesn't natively feature OCP, it should be noted that OPP provides the same protection as OCP on a single rail power supply. This means that even though it isn't technically listed, it does have the protection. The G850-MAS is certified for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency, but it does not carry a 50C power rating. LEPA instead rates the G850-MAS for 100% continuous output at 40C.
LEPA has an MSRP of $169.99 on the G850-MAS power supply. The price puts it squarely in the middle of the road for 850W Gold rated power supplies. As always, a little bit of searching will make sure that you save some money. In this case, you can a little over $26 when you order from Provantage and get it for a total of $143.68 after shipping at the time of writing. LEPA backs the G850-MAS with a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!