I am pretty sure that a company like Corsair needs no introduction, and I am also sure most TweakTown readers here have owned at least one part from their vast lineup of components over the years. Since they have jumped into the chassis market with the Obsidian 800D, Corsair has turned the chassis world on its ear, and made quite an entry into the vast and overfilled chassis segment. As I have always said though, it doesn't take a huge company to get recognized, you just have to develop something the masses of buyers out there will absolutely fall in love with. It just happened to be that for Corsair; they were and are a large company, and all the stars aligned for them when they released that chassis into the world.
Along the line, since that release, we have seen more Obsidian chassis designs, but why stop there? Corsair also brought forth two other new series' of cases with the Graphite and the Carbide series lineups. While most of these designs have been a logical evolution in the original design, maybe shrunk down in form factor, but they all seemed to fit a specific mold that made them easily recognizable in each respective series. That was until now. Corsair has again come up with something revolutionary, and while not exactly the first to deliver this concept to the public, they are the first to deliver this concept to me. This truly is a chassis that breaks the mold when you think of what a Carbide series chassis is supposed to be.
Today we are venturing into looking at the Carbide Series Air 540. That bit of the name isn't so much different, but as the title stated, this is an ATX Cube chassis. The main concept with this design was to compartmentalize the motherboard, CPU and video card from the rest of the build. To do this they had to develop a much wider chassis than we normally see. In the second section of the chassis, if you will, is where you can put extra storage drives, optical drives, the power supply, as well as having plenty of room for the wiring. On top of just the basic idea in the frame design, Corsair also offer things like good water cooling compatibility, HDD bays with back planes, and most importantly this chassis is very well ventilated in all aspects.
With all of this information swimming in your head, I say we get to covering all of the technical bits so we can move on to the images, where I am almost certain that the Carbide Air 540 ATX cube will win your heart over.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- The current cables will fit the vast majority of motherboards on the market. To accommodate additional motherboard layouts we have extended the cable length by 6 inches. These will ship in future cases and will also be available as a replacement kit for existing customers in August. Customers that require the longer cable kit can contact Corsair technical support.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution