Infortrend delivered the first dual-bay NAS we would ever consider purchasing. In our EonNAS Pro 200 review we glossed over the Infortrend story, but in order to tell you about the EonNAS Pro 510, we first have to tell you a bit more about the company. In our research, we tracked Infortrend back to 1993, when the company first shipped an EISA-to-SCSI controller. To put this into perspective, Thecus and QNAP started in 2004, while Synology came to be in 2000. We test many products from Thecus, QNAP and Synology and their names often come up when shopping for a NAS.
While Infortrend may not be a household name, I use that loosely, maybe a nerd's house, but that's beside the point. Infortrend isn't well known for their entry-level NAS products. The smaller units like the EonNAS 200 we looked at two months ago and the EonNAS 510 that we're looking at today are newer product categories for the company. IT administrators who make purchasing decisions know the Infortrend name, mainly from their large-scale SAN, iSCSI and fiber channel products.
Infortrend now has products for small businesses and home office users. The EonNAS series scales from 2-bays to 16-bays. In this one series, Infortrend manages to scale the entire product lines from both Thecus, QNAP and Synology.
Today we're looking at the Infortrend EonNAS 510, the company's newest 5-bay NAS. Going through Infortrend's milestone page, we found a number of firsts for the company and the 510 Pro should add another one. The EonNAS 510 Pro has a feature not on the EonNAS 200 we reviewed months ago, and this feature is normally reserved for much higher priced models. Deduplication or dedupe for short.
We hear a lot about dedupe on the enterprise side, especially on new flash based SAN products. The technology allows you to store more data on a storage device without the performance hit associated with compression.
Soon we'll publish a full article on data dedupe and use the Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510 as our base. Here we see an image from early testing that shows a near 25% reduction in on disk data thanks to dedupe. The technology opens the door for solid-state based iSCSI, databases and even high availability storage for office use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Infortrend EonNAS Pro 510]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1 HDD / JBOD]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 4 HDD / RAID 6]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure