This chassis we will see today was a mix of me finding the perfect chassis for another build I had in mind for the house, and random happenstance that something new was down the line and seemed to be releasing right around the same time. I actively hunted down the right components after testing the H220 from Swiftech, as it inspired a sort of "mini-me" build idea from my daily driver. In this rig I run an ASUS MVE, 3770K, ASUS GTX 680 TOP, all housed in the Silverstone TJ11. Finding the motherboard and video card were easy enough, and with the H220 I was nearly set. The last requirement was to find something with the appearance of aluminum, or to be aluminum, but I wanted something rounded, not like the TJ11, but just rounded and not a square box.
This is where the hunt began. Surfing through tons and tons of images of cases I had reviewed and really coming up with many that would have worked, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for with this new build. So I got with a few friends and started taking recommendations of what they would buy with my needs in mind. Funny thing was both my friends and I kept ending up at Fractal Designs as I pondered which smaller tower to buy. The issue was I really wanted a chassis that looked like the ARC Mini, but I needed something the size of the Define Mini. The next step was to get with Josh over there at Fractal Designs and express to him what I was looking for, and low and behold he replied with his solution.
All he could tell me at that time was that they had a new chassis that I did not get to see at CES. There was this chassis he thought would work and so he put me on the sample list to get one once they were ready. All I knew at this point was that it was called the ARC Midi R2, and that it was a mid-tower chassis. After sitting and waiting, battling some failed attempts to locate all the parts, I can now bring you the Fractal Design ARC Midi R2, the chassis that is perfect for doing exactly what I needed and it also offers quite a few "hidden" features along the way to be the right chassis for anyone.
If you have idea of a sleek mid-tower build, are thinking about water cooling, need a strong but silent design, don't want to break the bank, and want a chassis built by Fractal Design, continue reading, as the ARC Midi R2 works on so many levels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Resident Evil 2 Remake launch imminent, NEW trailer release
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series