Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test
The Intel NAS Performance Tool (NASPT) is an excellent way to determine NAS performance in a single user environment. Any review that only uses NASPT assumes that only a single computer will access the target NAS at one time. We took issue with this method of testing and spent over a year designing, building, programming and finally validating the TweakTown Multi-Client Test.
The test uses Microsoft Office data recorded to traces and played back to the NAS from up to 120 client Windows 7 installations. We record total throughput and average response time per client.
Over time we'll populate the two multi-client charts with several NAS products from a span of categories ranging from a dual Xeon server with 2x 10GbE to a 2-bay NAS and then let the NAS being tested fall into its performance category.
The Asustor AS-604T delivers peak throughput at 24 office environment clients and delivers 563.5 Mbits of read / write performance. The AS-604T actually performs better than the QNAP TS-669L, a six-bay NAS.
The Asustor AS-604T also delivers better latency than the larger QNAP system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA celebrate Alan Turing's birthday, GTX 1180 confirmed?
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit