Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved well beyond data storage through a network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you have to look at the extra hardware and software features.
At the heart of the Top Tower N6850 is an Intel Pentium G620 processor running at 2.6GHz. This is a dual-core processor with hyper threading so you have four virtual cores. Paired with the dual-core processor is 2GB of DDR3 memory. The N6850 fits in the $1000 - $1100 price range and many of competitor's products in this price range ship with only 1GB of DDR3.
The N6850 is well connected. It has four USB 3.0 ports and four USB 2.0 ports. The system also has an eSATA port for further expansion. Thecus is raising the bar again, the new N6850 also includes video out via HDMI. The audio department wasn't overlooked either, you now have line level out line level in and a mic input as well.
The main storage comes from the six bays that use SATA 6Gbps for high speed storage. The main data transfer comes via a pair of gigabit Ethernet ports that can run in 802.3ad for increased reliability or higher transfer speeds.
As if the already mentioned connections weren't enough, Thecus also gives users the ability to add 10GbE connectivity, up to two cards with two ports each. New to Thecus hardware is also the ability to add an optical drive to the system.
Newegg currently lists the Top Tower N6850 at $1039 and they have stock on hand. This price is very close to that of the QNAP TS-869 Pro we reviewed just days ago. So, in our charts here today we'll compare these two side by side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series