After you install the software for the Recon, once opened you are given this screen first. This is the Buttons screen where you can change the functionality of each of the nine buttons found on the Recon. At the bottom you can see there are five profiles that can be kept active at any point while using the Recon, but the zero slot is always the default as a way to reset the mouse and start over.
The Sensors page gives you control of the DPI, Lift Off Distance, and the polling rate for each of the four DPI levels on each of the profiles. The bottom half offers a sensitivity slider, a double click slider, and a button response time slider to obtain the perfect fit for your needs.
The Glow tabbed page gives you the option to change the LED lighting and effects for each of the profiles and DPI settings. There easy to change, you just click on the LED on the left, and on the right, click on a preset color or add your RGB code to the desired color, even the intensity can be controlled. If you want the LEDs to flash or notify you of changes to profile swaps, even a rapid fire mode that lights when you click the left click button.
The Macro page is laid out well and is very intuitive to use. Click the NEW button, and in the left box a line will appear to name it. Then click the record button at the left and program the macro and then use the stop button when done.
Just to give you an idea of the sheer amount of profile possibilities, the Recon offers this page to store, refine, and add profiles that you may not like at the moment, or aren't for your current games. No need to delete partial setups either. These are saved on the hard drive, and this is where you can select from for the other four profiles at the bottom of each page. You also see that it will save an image for each profile. I toyed around a bit to make one the right size just to realize that it has an auto resize built in as well.
On the Support page you will find an address of where to go online for help. If that doesn't work out you can submit a support ticket. By clicking on the Online Support button, it takes you right to the downloads and FAQs page for the Recon. Clicking on the INFO button will deliver a little popup window that shows the Hardware version, the Sensor version, the Firmware version, and the Software version of the attached device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the CM Storm Recon]
- Page 6 [Documentation]
- Page 7 [CM Storm Speed-RX L Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM