Ever since I received my Colossus from BitFenix, it never ceases to amaze me the things they think up and design. More directly trying the XL we just looked at, the original Shinobi was a win on the outside, but looking back now, the inside of the chassis as well as the feature set wasn't all that good compared to the way the Shinobi XL is put together. Granted I did have an issue with the ODD bays, but as you could see in the build images, I ended up winning that little battle. That being the only issue I had with the chassis through disassembly, the build and getting this build fired up, everything just sort of falls together in this full tower design that rightfully carries the Shinobi name.
The feature and there are many with this chassis. There is the fact that this is a Window Version of the XL and there is the removable FlexCage, and even though it is a little complicated to remove and install, I am glad to see BitFenix offer the flexibility for either unimpeded airflow or potentially a spot for a double 120mm radiator. Offering the SuperCharge port is really handy for those who either always charge various devices or maybe yours just takes too long. The 2.5 amps supplied via a SATA power connection will speed up any charge, hence the name SuperCharge. The deep offset of the motherboard tray, the way the doors close like a car door and the plethora of options to manage wiring in any way you can possibly see fit, BitFenix really went the extra mile. The fact that again we get 230mm Spectre fans to cool the chassis is a huge plus for not only airflow, but it makes the use of this case a near inaudible experience.
I know I am likely forgetting a few things, like all the access built into the chassis for water cooling and the ability to take on builds from mini-ITX to XL-ATX makes this a good solution for any build really as long as you have the room to use the Shinobi XL. Without the window this chassis will eventually list in the States for right around $150. The windowed version may end up costing a bit more, but to be honest, this is a chassis design that most other companies would be at the $199.99 mark or beyond once the window was added.
At that price I would say the BitFenix Shinobi XL would be worth every penny, to be able to get a version of this chassis for around $150 is a steal. What really won me over in the end, is while this version does offer a window, there wasn't any flashy lights or annoying LED placements to blind you from across the room and this large volume of chassis is very well ventilated as it ships from the factory and gives you the ability to put three radiators inside the chassis if you plan correctly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- Anthem delayed for PS5 rumor gets smashed by lead producer
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6