I think by now just about every tech person has either heard of or seen pictures of wall power outlets with supplemental USB power. The first images of these products hit the web a couple of years ago and it became very clear from message boards and chat discussions that the concept was going to take off.
What wasn't so clear at the time was the negative aspects of these early USB power plugs. The first designs powered the USB ports all of the time. This slow but significant power draw kept your power meter spinning and as a result your electric bill increased like the national debt fused with an Energizer commercial - it just kept going and going and going.
Newer Technology has come up with a solution and a rather brilliant one at that. They figured out that you could put a micro switch inside the unit and only power the USB ports when you have a device plugged into the USB port.
The Newer Technology Power2U is designed to be an easy to install product that is perfect for the capable DIY person.
Today we'll look at the Power2U and walk you through a difficult install from my own kitchen.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM