FSP has done a pretty good job with connector selection, but a not so good job of connector availability. The SATA + Molex cables are laid out in the order of SATA + SATA + Molex + Molex. The single all SATA cable is the only one that will allow you to reach to a SATA device that is more than 27 inches from the PSU. The shared modular connection for the last PCI-E cable/ EPS12V cable means that this power supply is also out of the running for any quad-GPU systems that are also in need of dual EPS12V connectors.
On a positive note, the inclusion of two cables dedicate to fans are nice for those who are out of connectors on their motherboard, but still desire thermally controlled fans.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Taking a peek inside, we find that FSP uses very little passive cooling and relies on the fan for the majority of the temperature management.
A pair of Taiwanese made Jen Pan Electronics TK series capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
FSP uses the Power Logic PLA13525S12HH 135mm fan to cool the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit