The Black Edition series from XFX has served us extremely well since the launch of the new HD 7000 series this year. We saw XFX come out strong with the HD 7970 version which was then followed up with the HD 7950 version.
After that we saw the HD 7770 get the same treatment, but unfortunately the HD 7770 on a whole hasn't been our favorite model due to the current price point it hits at. Today it's time to check out the HD 7870 version of the Black Edition card and see how it goes.
So far the HD 7870 has impressed us and we've got our fingers crossed that the XFX version today will be able to do the same thing. As always, though, there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance side of things.
The first thing we'll do is take a quick look at the bundle XFX is offering us. Once we've done that we'll take a closer look at the video card and also see what kind of overclock is on offer from this Black Edition version. Once we've done that we'll quickly look at our testbed, run over the cards we'll be using in our graphs today and then get stuck into the performance side of things.
You can see we've got a lot of paperwork, a sign to hang of your door knob, CrossFire bridge and that sweet XFX case badge that we see in the Black Series cards.
There's nothing too much going on in the cable department, for some that will be fine, for others, there might be a particular cable you need when buying the card, so just remember that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard