Lian Li has been known for building sleek and sexy cases with simple aesthetics that make them a fit in almost any situation for many years now. Don't get me wrong, Lian Li has also had some designs for BTX and even designed cases to look like either a Hotel or a seashell, but in the realm of squared off cases, most of what Lian Li sells now is pretty straight forward designs, built from aluminum and deliver a very sleek and sexy finished product to grace your computing space. It just so happens that there is a new face on the design team, so new and intriguing designs are now rolling off the line at Lian Li.
Like just about any mid-tower chassis on the market, the design in simple - blow air through the front past the hard drives and into the main compartment of the PC. Once there it mixes with heated air from the coolers and usually is evacuated out of the back. At Lian Li, they thought, well what happens if we reverse the airflow of the case? While they were at it, not only did the airflow get reversed, but so does the interior layout. In this new chassis the installation is setup so that the rear I/O of the motherboard is now in the front of this chassis. I know it really must sound confusing, but as the review progresses, the design and layout is much easier to wrap your mind around.
Today I am going to be going over the PC-100 chassis from Lian Li with a fine toothed comb. I know the design, from the perspective as I described it, may leave your head spinning. The reality of it is besides the motherboard positioning, I haven't even gotten into any of the other included features that are found in this chassis.
Stick around as we cover the new layout ideas, fancy included hardware and interior options. Lian Li is a high-end chassis manufacturer and with this design, the pricing reflects its "l33t-ness", so let's take a look from all angles and see if the PC-100 is worth what is asked of your wallet or PayPal account.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard