When I installed the Sapphire HD 7770 OC into my testbed and ran 3DMark 11, I found that there was only a few points difference between the score that Sapphire offered and what we saw out of the XFX HD 7770 Black Edition S Super Overclocked 1GB which we looked at the other day. Heading into GPU-Z I saw the reason the score was so close was because both cards where clocked extremely close to each other. We'll cover the clocks in the next page when we look at the specifications of the card.
Since it felt like a waste to just test the Sapphire card by itself when it's score would be near identical to the XFX model, I decided to pull the XFX card back out and throw it alongside our Sapphire one and see what CrossFire performance was like.
With the clocks on the card being similar but not identical, we lined up the clock speeds of the cards and then as always proceeded to benchmark them. Before we see the kind of performance we got, though, the first thing we need to do is take a closer look at the Sapphire card, which we haven't looked at yet.
The first thing we'll do is check out the package before we take a closer look at the card. Once that's done we'll cover the specifications of the OC model and go into a bit more detail what we did with the clocks. From there it's all about the performance of the setup, so with haste let's get into the package.
This is a really nice bundle for what is considered a mid-range card.
Alongside the included HDMI cable, the other big stand out is the Mini-DP to DP connector, which is something we're seeing a lot of companies ignore with the HD 7000 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel stacks CPU, DRAM, and IO into one package with FOVEROS
- Intel Xe: scalable graphics architecture aims for PETAFLOPS
- Intel Sunny Cove uArch: Deeper, Wider, Smarter. Bye Skylake!
- Survival instinct questioned in new Left Alive trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 - HYDE Collaboration trailer released
- The Best Zero Gravity Chair of 2018 - Your Best Digs
- How Does Garcinia Shaping Pro Work?
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019