When I installed the Sapphire HD 7770 OC into my testbed and ran 3DMark 11, I found that there was only a few points difference between the score that Sapphire offered and what we saw out of the XFX HD 7770 Black Edition S Super Overclocked 1GB which we looked at the other day. Heading into GPU-Z I saw the reason the score was so close was because both cards where clocked extremely close to each other. We'll cover the clocks in the next page when we look at the specifications of the card.
Since it felt like a waste to just test the Sapphire card by itself when it's score would be near identical to the XFX model, I decided to pull the XFX card back out and throw it alongside our Sapphire one and see what CrossFire performance was like.
With the clocks on the card being similar but not identical, we lined up the clock speeds of the cards and then as always proceeded to benchmark them. Before we see the kind of performance we got, though, the first thing we need to do is take a closer look at the Sapphire card, which we haven't looked at yet.
The first thing we'll do is check out the package before we take a closer look at the card. Once that's done we'll cover the specifications of the OC model and go into a bit more detail what we did with the clocks. From there it's all about the performance of the setup, so with haste let's get into the package.
This is a really nice bundle for what is considered a mid-range card.
Alongside the included HDMI cable, the other big stand out is the Mini-DP to DP connector, which is something we're seeing a lot of companies ignore with the HD 7000 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- New Steam game offers 1 x Bitcoin to anyone who solves it
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit