If you're going down the path of building an absolute beast of a system between now and Christmas, the chances are you're going to be looking at the X79 chipset and the new LGA 2011 CPUs from Intel. At launch we've seen so many motherboards from companies that offer so many different features and hit us at so many different price points.
With such a huge list of boards available at launch, we need to take some time and see what they're all about and we've already had a look at some absolutely awesome boards. The ASUS Rampage IV Extreme is an absolute beast and offered us huge overclocking and just a massive amount of features. Along with that we also checked out the GIGABYTE G1.Assassin2 and MSI X79A-GD65.
Today is all about the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe which is a board we actually previewed the other week alongside the ASUS P9X79 Pro which we'll be looking at soon.
Like the other boards we've previewed, we weren't able to tell you everything about the boards in our original coverage, so what we'll be doing today is looking at the bundle inside the box which is something we haven't looked at yet and we'll also have a look at the PCIe speeds that are on offer from the board here today.
That really covers just about everything, so I think we can get into the package to see exactly what's going on before we take a closer look at the board itself, the bundle and then of course the overclocking capabilities of the board alongside the performance.
The box isn't anything we hadn't seen before, as we got a chance to look at it in our preview, so let's get into the bundle itself.
Moving inside the package, we've got a manual and driver CD along with eight SATA cables, EZ Connectors, 3-Way SLI bridge, longer CrossFire bridge and our rear I/O panel. Along with all that, we've also got a BT GO 3.0 adapter along with an antenna.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower