Get ready for an absolute slew of motherboards. With boards from all the major companies like MSI, GIGABYTE, ASUS and ASRock to name just a few, we've got so many boards to show you over the coming weeks. Today, though, it's going to be all about the board we have on hand.
The MSI X79A-GD65 isn't all that new to us, as earlier in the month we did a full preview on it. Today, though, we get to dive a little deeper into the board and cover some of the stuff we couldn't at the time, including the BIOS and the latest rendition of ClickBIOS II.
There's not a lot more to say about it all really. With our MSI X79A-GD65 in hand and our beloved new Intel i7 3960X, we can get into the performance of the new board fairly quickly. Before we do, though, we'll just throw up all the pictures of the board from our original preview if you didn't already look at that, or simply can't be bothered now. We'll also cover the few things we couldn't at launch including the PCIe layout and of course, the BIOS.
Once that's done we'll get into the testbed system setup and talk about the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance side of things to see just what the new MSI X79A-GD65 is able to offer us.
There's not much that has to be said about the package that we didn't already cover in our original preview, so let's just move onto the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitmain announces next-gen Antminer ASICs ship soon with 7nm
- NCIX servers sold on Craigslist with 15 years of user data
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA SPECTRIX D80 DDR4 3000MHz 32GB Memory Kit
- DICE addresses ridiculous death experience in Battlefield V
- Huawei's upcoming foldable smartphone could feature 5G tech
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam