Get ready for an absolute slew of motherboards. With boards from all the major companies like MSI, GIGABYTE, ASUS and ASRock to name just a few, we've got so many boards to show you over the coming weeks. Today, though, it's going to be all about the board we have on hand.
The MSI X79A-GD65 isn't all that new to us, as earlier in the month we did a full preview on it. Today, though, we get to dive a little deeper into the board and cover some of the stuff we couldn't at the time, including the BIOS and the latest rendition of ClickBIOS II.
There's not a lot more to say about it all really. With our MSI X79A-GD65 in hand and our beloved new Intel i7 3960X, we can get into the performance of the new board fairly quickly. Before we do, though, we'll just throw up all the pictures of the board from our original preview if you didn't already look at that, or simply can't be bothered now. We'll also cover the few things we couldn't at launch including the PCIe layout and of course, the BIOS.
Once that's done we'll get into the testbed system setup and talk about the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance side of things to see just what the new MSI X79A-GD65 is able to offer us.
There's not much that has to be said about the package that we didn't already cover in our original preview, so let's just move onto the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series