The Republic of Gamers boards from ASUS have done a great job of impressing us. In June we had a look at the Maximus IV Extreme. Moving to July, we checked out the Maximus IV Gene-Z and today we check out the Maximus IV Extreme-Z. To be honest, before I even start testing, I have a good feeling about the board simply because of the track record. But of course, we'll see just what the Maximus IV Extreme-Z is able to offer.
Before we get into the performance side of things, there are a few other areas we need to look at which is of course starting off with the package. Once we've done that, we'll get stuck in to the motherboard itself and just see what kind of features are on offer from the Maximus IV Extreme-Z. We'll fire up the BIOS and show you all those options ASUS are offering before we get into looking at our testbed, which carries with it a few changes, along with the overclocking capabilities of the board.
Once we've gone through those formalities, it's on to the benchmarking side of things to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the Maximus IV Extreme-Z. First, though, let's check out the package and see just what's going on.
The box has a heap of information as it can be opened up and from one area you can see we're able to see the board itself which is always appealing. Turning to the back of the box, you can see the main feature and specification table which gives us a good run down of what exactly the board offers. We'll get more into that a little later, though.
Moving inside the package, we've got the normal ROG bits and pieces which include some paperwork, driver CD, HDD stickers, ROG sticker and some information on the Xonar line of audio cards.
In the cable department we've got four SATA II cables and four SATA III cables, ROG Connect, temperature probe, back plate, 3-way SLI connector, extended SLI connector and a CrossFire connector.
Finally, we've got a USB header, Bluetooth module and Ez Connector modules. All in all, we've got a strong bundle from ASUS and we wouldn't expect anything less out of an ROG board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tencent buys majority stake in Path of Exile studio
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit