Video cards are a bit few and far between these days and I'm not 100% sure it's going to pick up anytime soon. I suppose it's going to come down to AMD. If they release part of the HD 7000 series before XMAS, no doubt December will be busy, but if they don't, it's going to be a busy 2012 as we should see new cards from both NVIDIA and AMD.
Today, though, it's all about the GTX 560 Ti from Palit. We saw the other day a press release from the company show up telling us about the new GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo Limited Edition and straight away our attention was grabbed.
The GTX 560 Ti has been a great model for NVIDIA offering some excellent mid-range performance at a fantastic price point. We've seen many renditions of the model and today Palit are showing us a new one. The question we wonder is, what's the hook? What's going to grab us and convince us that we want this card?
Well, there's only one way to find out. But before we get into the performance side of things, the first thing we need to do is look at the package to see what's going on inside the box. Once that's done we'll take a closer look at the card itself before looking at the specifications. We'll then get into the fun stuff and see just what kind of performance this new GTX 560 Ti from Palit is able to offer us.
That covers just about everything, so let's not delay any longer and just get stuck into the package.
Checking out the box, we don't have too much going on with just a nice simple design seen on the front giving us the brand and the model. Turning over, we get a bit more detail on the card and see exactly what's going on while also finding out some of the main features; nothing too out of the ordinary at all.
In typical Palit style, the inside of the box is pretty bare with a quick install guide, driver CD and dual Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power connector. As usual, the bundle is pretty small; it's not uncommon at all from Palit as we quite often see the company offer us some of the cheapest variants of cards. If that comes at the cost of a few less bells and whistles in the box, I don't think people are going to complain.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media