Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The new x79 series from QNAP are designed to replace the x59 series and there have been some improvements in the specifications department. One of the biggest improvements comes in the CPU side of things as we move away from the Intel Atom series processor to the new Sandy Bridge based ones. In the case of the new TS-879 Pro and TS-1079 Pro, they both get the Dual Core i3-2120 at 3.3GHz and 2GB of DDR3 RAM.
The pricing side of things is where the NAS path becomes a bit scary. Coming in at $2,599.99, the TS-1079 Pro is an expensive device and the first thing people tend to say is that they can build a much more powerful system that can do more for less, and while it's true, there's just a certain something about a NAS. Its convenience, power draw and ease of use are just some of the benefits. Compared to the TS-859 Pro+ at $1,549.99, the slightly higher spec'd TS-1079 Pro sporting an extra two bays and some other higher spec'd components make this NAS look very expensive as well.
While the TS-1079 Pro is available at the moment, the TS-879 Pro+ which is shown on the QNAP website hasn't really shown up yet. A lot of that is probably due to the TS-859 Pro+ still being around and still being extremely capable. The reason the TS-1079 Pro has hit, though, would be the fact that the x59 series wasn't graced with a 10-Bay NAS.
We'll get into everything in our final thoughts, but for now let's leave it at that and move onto the software side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series