When it comes to traditional platter drives, the most innovative company on the block is Seagate. Seagate has many firsts under their belt, more than what I could possibly go into in an article about a single drive. Adding to the long string of innovative products is the new Seagate Constellation.2 Series of products.
With a maximum capacity of 1TB and a small 2.5" form factor, the Constellation.2 is already breaking new ground. On top of that, Seagate wasn't content with just a SATA or SAS interface, the Constellation.2 is available in both SATA 6G and SAS 6G. As you might have guessed, the new 2.5" Constellation.2 is a nearline enterprise drive, but unlike the norm in this field the new SATA and SAS Constellation.2 is optimized to be power efficient, using only 3.9 watts at idle.
Before I get too far ahead of myself, let's take a look at the Seagate Constellation.2's specifications and then get to the looking at the performance numbers of the SATA 6G version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Seagate Constellation.2 1TB 2.5" HDD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X $1,500 (Buy on our Site www.BizFests.com)
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8010LH Review
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit