For the most part the S599 packaging hasn't changed from the first time we took a look at a drive from this series.
On the back of the package A-DATA has listed some general information about the series and some of the features.
Here we see one of the major changes to the S599, the new desktop adapter bracket. Desktop users will take comfort in being able to install their new SSD with little hassle now that A-DATA has included this special add on.
The A-DATA S599 128GB SSD
The external looks of the S599 are the same as the previous generation we tested back in March. The outside casing is still the same two piece aluminum as well.
The back of the case has the four mounting locations needed for most new style adapter brackets.
On the side of the drive we also see the traditional mounting locations as well as the serial number of the drive.
The data and power SATA connections are located where they should be and the desktop adapter also keeps the drive in line with native 3.5" drives. This is important if you use a drive sled in your computer or device.
When it comes to the internals we found the standard SandForce setup with the SF-1222 controller and sixteen Intel flash modules.
The back of the drive holds the other eight flash modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam