For the most part the S599 packaging hasn't changed from the first time we took a look at a drive from this series.
On the back of the package A-DATA has listed some general information about the series and some of the features.
Here we see one of the major changes to the S599, the new desktop adapter bracket. Desktop users will take comfort in being able to install their new SSD with little hassle now that A-DATA has included this special add on.
The A-DATA S599 128GB SSD
The external looks of the S599 are the same as the previous generation we tested back in March. The outside casing is still the same two piece aluminum as well.
The back of the case has the four mounting locations needed for most new style adapter brackets.
On the side of the drive we also see the traditional mounting locations as well as the serial number of the drive.
The data and power SATA connections are located where they should be and the desktop adapter also keeps the drive in line with native 3.5" drives. This is important if you use a drive sled in your computer or device.
When it comes to the internals we found the standard SandForce setup with the SF-1222 controller and sixteen Intel flash modules.
The back of the drive holds the other eight flash modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8010LH Review
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit