Not that long ago AMD launched the Phenom II X6; with it they launched the 890FX chipset. This is the top-of-the-line chipset for the AM3 socket. It also rounded out the upper end for AMD. Now they are pushing out their mid-range boards featuring their 880G Northbridge and SB850 Southbridge. These are a lower cost combination that should still offer good performance to any AMD CPU that can fit into the AM3 socket.
Foxconn has sent us the A88GM Deluxe motherboard that features the 880G for us to play around with. This Micro ATX board still contains six SATA 3.0 ports, GBe LAN, 7.1 audio and an integrated Radeon 4250. What makes this even better is that you get all of this for less than $100.
But as this is a budget board, will it handle our high-end testing? We are eager to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]