Again I'd like to thank both Logisys and Ikonik for allowing me the opportunity to look at another terrific product. While there are quite a few differences in the chassis, the Ra X10 and the Ra 2000 share quite a few features as well. Both are built tough as nails. I would suggest standing on the Ra 2000, but even in the open (no panels or motherboard tray) condition it would have no problems supporting a growing boy in his early teens. It is just that solid. Aside from the structural integrity of this chassis, Ikonik really delivered a subtle yet sharp looking exterior and didn't skimp on the interior either.
Tool-less drive bays, eight expansion slots, completely painted interior and oh yeah, the removable motherboard tray! These are just the features inside that stand out the most. More subtle tricks like pre-wiring the fans to keep them out of harm's way, adding holes in the support rails next to the drive bays to better manage wiring, dust covers for the intake and a control knob to acclimate the interior as you see fit. In my mind all of that is enough to make me feel good about a "budget minded" chassis, but Ikonik keep on with the features. It just goes on and on and I for one love all of it.
All things considered, I can only pick at a few things I would have liked to have seen, but in no means is necessary. The expansions slots; all eight of them are nice, but for an almost fully tool-less chassis, why not some sort of tool-less mechanism here as well? The second and final thing would have to be the drive bay covers. As they did tend to come loose during shipment to me, I can see them coming loose in most deliveries and possibly ending up badly, even though mine arrived unscathed. Just a bit of food for thought!
Like I said, the Ra 2000 Black isn't on shelves yet, but expect them soon! I was told sometime in June and with April almost over that leaves just about 30 to 60 days till we should start to see them. I know there are quite a few chassis' on the market around the $100 mark that can offer quite the package, but in all honestly, they don't offer all of what the Ra 2000 Black puts in front of you. All these features and attractive looks and presentation of the hardware are said to come in right around $150 USD. At that price I can't see where Ikonik took any miss-steps in delivering us one really superbly designed chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series