Over one hundred years ago (roughly 1893), a man by the name of Nikola Tesla showed the world that it was possible to send electricity through the air to power items. In his first demonstrations he powered simple incandescent light bulbs. Later he was able to show his theory on a larger scale, but unfortunately wireless power did not take off and after Tesla died in 1943 many of his theories, discoveries and ideas seemed to have died with him.
However, as with many things that seem to have passed, Nikola Tesla finally received his due in the world of electrical engineering. His works have become the source of many modern inventions and he (much like Einstein) is being proved right over and over again. One of his earlier theories which concerned powering devices wirelessly by manipulating the magnetic flux surrounding them, has found a home in Powermat's line of wireless charging devices.
These are the Powermat magnetic induction charging mats and receivers. You can get these for around $100 for the mat (either travel or home) and $30 for the receiver. Follow along as we take a look at this "new" technology and see if it can really untangle all the cords in your house.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One