Inside the System
We thought it would be interesting to provide a video look inside the system, so you can see exactly what makes up the ASRock ION 330.
It's incredible what ASRock was able to squeeze into such a small little case. ASRock throws in one of their AMCP7A-ION based motherboards into this system, which is more than likely purpose built only for this nettop product. As for the memory, ASRock throws in two 1GB PC2-6400 modules from Elixir and of course they are configured to work in dual channel memory mode for optimal performance.
For longer life and system stability, ASRock also use all solid capacitors, which is another great sign of high quality. There are two small fans inside the system - a tiny one that cools the Atom heatsink and another on the other side, which also extracts air out the back of the unit.
The hard drive included is a Seagate 2.5-inch Momentus 5400.6 320GB HDD which spins at 5,400 RPM and includes 8MB of cache and supports SATA 3Gb/s with Native Command Queuing. As we mentioned before, the model we are testing today is the ASRock ION 330-BD and that means it comes equipped with a Sony BC-5500S SATA Blu-ray slim type reader drive rather than a standard DVD drive. ASRock designed SATA cables for the system which don't ruin airflow inside the system; another good addition rather than just using standard SATA system cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The System]
- Page 5 [Inside The System]
- Page 6 [Testing - Blu-ray CPU Usage]
- Page 7 [Testing - PCMark Vantage 64-bit]
- Page 8 [Testing - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- Page 9 [Testing - Super PI]
- Page 10 [Testing - Power Consumption, Boot Time]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon